Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend

Well after a two day work week for Pam we headed into the weekend. Pam has developed a nice little cough that gets worse in the evenings. She hasn't been feeling sick, just coughing and hacking so Friday night, we decided to play the sims, chill at home and get a decent sleep in. Unfortunately, my brain was going crazy trying to figure out how I'm going to come up with 200 contacts for this third round interview I've got at a financial firm.

Saturday morning we got up early by weekend standards and pounded a few buckwheat pancakes and got ready for paintball. Aaron, a guy Pam works with set up this unofficially Waremalcomb paintball excursion. I hadn't been paint balling since high school and so I didn't quite know what to think but it turned out to be a blast.

There were 17 of us, which was large enough to have all the games with just our group. That made it more fun since we were all on the same basic skill level (Beginner) and we all had the same gear. In other words, there wasn't a high and mighty hick with a cranked nitrogen canister shooting 30 rounds a second at you while you try and scream hit hit!

The fields were had trees and barriers to duck and hide from. There were objectives also like raise a flag, capture the flag, or the last map was just to point this gun thing at the other side. We mixed the teams but and I think everyone got to win at least once. No big injuries except I got a mild sprain to my left wrist which kept me out of the gym today. :( I was storming this camping spot where I knew a guy was and had been trying to shoot me. Well I came around the corner and stumbled sideways which made it look like I was diving. At the same time I popped off a few rounds to get the kill. I had to put my hand down at some point and thats where I tweaked it. So I got the kill but when I had gotten to my feet again I got capped in the side of the head. So my dash for glory didn't turn out as well as I had planned.

Pam had gun problems the first few games but then someone took her gun by mistake and she was fine after that. We got on the same team for the last 4 games and she started having more fun. She managed to go through twice as many paintballs as me though and on the last map she rain out of compressed gas which basically rendered her useless. A bit trigger happy thats for sure...

I think the ref got a few action shots of us and we had some group shots that we will share after they are shared to us. :) It was a lot of fun, and even made us pretty sore today!

No comments: