Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Travis' 27th Birthday


Hey everyone, I had a birthday! This first set of pics is from over the weekend when we went to the Janz's house for a BBQ. Seth, Sean and myself all had birthdays within a week of each other and so we decided to get together and celebrate them all. Karmel hand pressed and formed burgers for us and Seth grilled them up. Pam made a cake and we brought that over a long with presents for Seth and Sean. Pics courtesy of Karmel.

Once Sean arrived we got to open the presents. We had gotten them nerf guns, with deflector shields and protective eyeware. They were pretty fun to play with. You know how it is...give some men a chance to compete against each other and we're good to go for a few hours. Suprisingly enough, nobody ever took a shot at the dog. :)

Yesterday was my actual birthday, day. If you dont' know me, I like to keep a low profile and not do anything big for my birthday. Because of this, nobody at work knew it was my birthday and I simply just went about my business like it was any other day. I got a few funny e-cards from friends and that was good enough for me. :)

After work we had our first pre-marital counseling session and it turns out we're a better couple than we thought. Pam and I had a good time joking around about our differences a bit, and Jon gave us a few things to work on these next two weeks as homework.

With the session over we then headed out to Shanghai Gardens for dinner! Nothing fancy about this place, just good inexpensive Chinese food. I can't remember the last time I had Chinese food. It doesn't really fit into our diets recently and so thats why I picked it for my birthday dinner! I got mongolian beef, and it was really good. Unfortunately, Pam and I just can't eat that much anymore, and we brought half of what we ordered home!



Back at home it was present time. Thank you everyone for sending me presents! As much as I don't really show my excitement, I always look forward to getting cards and presents. I think I'm sort of a hard person to buy for, and I like seeing what people can come up with. :) I got some good ole cash from the Proctors, a gift card to home depot from Dad that looks like I need to hang on to and return to him at Christmas, a picture of the Family minus me (great clear pic by the way what kind of camera did you use? :p) and 9 Seasons of "King of Queens" show from Caris, a few doggie things and a gift card to PetSmart from Pam, and the dog of course which we'll get next week, and another gift card and a nice leather journal from Mom. All in all a pretty good mix!

We finished the night watching a few episodes from the first season of King of Queens that I'd actually never seen. I also had a big BIG piece of cake and some ice cream. :) Thank you all very much for everything! Now I'm in the tweener stage where I'm definitely not a young mid-twenties person but the oldness of 30 is still a few years away.

2 comments:

Jason said...

you're so freaking old now!! Happy Birthday! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, Dad showed me his big blooper on the gift card. Go ahead and use it, he won't even remember...