Friday, May 18, 2007

Kaboom!

Another week has flown by and here I am just posting about our fun times down here. Travis is finally back, after what felt like the longest three weeks, though I really only went 2 weeks of not seeing him, and what felt like never talking to him, but probably text messaging at least 20 times a day. :) He had a great time with the guys, I think missed me a ton (I like to think so), got a nice tan, and learned a lot.

Friday night was a relaxing evening. Just dinner and a movie, just enjoyed being home. Saturday was a great day! I bought a mountain bike while Trav was gone, and don't laugh too hard, but it is the exact same bike as Travis, except made for short people like me. HAHAHAHAHA I got a smoking deal and am so happy because now we are going to go at least once a week, I am even going to try and get him to go after work somedays. So Saturday, was a very full day. We slept in a bit, then had to hurry off to get Travis fitted for his tux for Chris's wedding which is now only 2 weeks away! After driving around for 30 minutes, because well I thought I knew where the place was, but really I had no clue and now I am banned from guessing where places are and must have a map, Travis made me call the Men's Warehouse and ask where they were located.

Next it was off to the city (aka San Francisco, everyone just says the city because well it is the biggest city there is pretty much on the West Coast) for a bike tour on our own, plus testing out my new bike. We parked down by AT&T park, which is on the South side of the city and looks towards Oakland, and headed around the Embarcadero and by all the Piers, the Ferry Building, through Fisherman's Wharf, up and through Fort Mason, down through the Marina District and then up the Presidio and over the Golden Gate Bridge and finally down into Sausolito. The ride was so much fun but had a killer headwind, so it was a great workout! I have never ridden or walked over the bridge so to do that with Travis was just Amazing and the day was so clear it was beautiful!!! We took the Ferry back to the city and biked back to our car to change for the second part of the day.

The afternoon and evening we spent with people from my office, some of my friends, at an event called Kaboom, a series of 3 concerts and finished off with a fireworks show out over the Bay, right behind the Pier the concert is held on, put on by a radio station. Work purchased the tickets for everyone which was great. However since this was my first time at the event, I did not know that the line to get in started first thing in the morning, so we got in line about 4pm, when the concerts started, well the line was over 1.5 miles long winding all the way down the Embarcadero. Luckily about a mile down the line, my boss Gary was there with his son, and with no cops around they waved us in. So indtead of an hour wait we only had about a 30 minute wait. CRAZY!! I guess 50,000 people were in the event on the Pier and over 350,000 gather in the city and in Oakland to watch the fireworks. I forget how big this area is sometimes. Two of the concerts were ok, but they had GUSTER! and you know i LOVE THEM! However, when the sun dropped the temperature plummeted. We were prepared to be sitting out with it somewhere in the 50's but it was easily mid 40's if not low 40's. So from about 7:30pm and on, I was pretty much attached to Travis so we could try and keep each other wamr, lots of people didn't stay for the fireworks because they were shaking it was so cold. Being out on a Pier the wind just blew and cut right through every layer you were wearing. My warm coat was no longer warm. But the fireworks show was the best one by far Trav and I had ever seen and well worth chattering and freezing. After the show, we got out as fast as we could and cranke the heat up in the car, which when the heat finally blew, I was so cold it stung to feel the warmth.

Sunday was a nice day of rest and errands. This upcoming weekend sounds like it is going to be a great weekend, more of an adventourus one and of course the running. Which if anyone is keeping track, I am down to 2 weeks before the marathon, yikes! So we hope to see lots of you when we are in Oregon for Memorial Day weekend. Stay in touch!

No comments: