Sunday, April 22, 2007

Another Long Run

So Travis is officially in Phoenix for the next three weeks and the place is already really quiet. We had another great week down here, and an even better weekend. Travis' job seems to be going well with some sweet hours, he leaves when I do or after me and gets home at least an hour before me. Sweet Deal! Friday we went into the city for dinner and dancing, was a great night. We tried this Mediterranean/Greek Restaurant called Ziryab which is a tiny whole in the wall, with a great patio seating out front, which will be good in the summer when the weather is warmer. Trav had a delicious chicken breast and I had the lamb kabobs with couscous, YUM! The club we went to was called Slide, was supposed to be where the pretty people went, not too sure about that LOL, and the music was ok. The DJ was playing 80/90's and current hits mashups, I do have to say he did a good job at the whole mashup but the music was great for about an hour then just got old. We definitely both prefer techno at a dance club, so we will have to try some new places once Trav gets back form Phoenix. :)

Yesterday was another great day. :) Trav, myself and Tim (a guy I work with and am friends with his wife) we all went into the Santa Cruz Mountains basically halfway between San Mateo and Half Moon Bay, it was a gorgeous view, to go Mountain Biking! Wish we would have remembered to get pictures. But I pulled some off the internet I will post. So this was my first time Mountain Biking, and I am hooked! Tim let me borrow his wife's bike so I could see if I actually like it, which was super nice of him. I was really happy because I didn't completely suck wind, I think I kept up with Trav pretty well on the uphills, the downhills I need to get used, not used to speeding downhills that are uneven and have roots or rocks in the way. After the biking we went back to Tim's place for a great BBQ where we ate our weight in chips and burgers. It was an all around great day! Today, I got up, did Trav's laundry, got him all packed up and took him to the airport. So now I am all alone and have no one to bring me food after I ran my 18 miles! Three more weeks and I will do my 20 mile run.

So I am off for the evening, have a great week everyone!!!

No comments: