Tuesday, April 29, 2008

California

I am not sure many people know but right now Travis is out of town for three weeks for work. They have finished designing a system for a waste water plant and are now commissioning it, which is a big word for implementing, testing and fixing the program on-site. I was lucky enough to be able to go out last weekend, his company flew me out, and spend the weekend in California. Friday night we spent at his hotel in historic Placervill, California, an old gold mining town that is as my friend says, the last bathroom break before South Lake Tahoe.

The weather was great in California, however, I think I have been in a dry climate long enough that it actually felt muggy to me out there. Crazy! Starting on Saturday we did the social eating rounds. We met up with our friends Lisa & Ryan in downtown Sacramento for a late breakfast as they were headed to Tahoe and we were heading towards San Francisco. Then it was on to Martinez, about an hour from Sac on the way to San Fran, to visit with our friends Kristy & Ben. By 4pm we decided we had to head into the city (San Francisco) to check into our hotel and try and relax before going to dinner and out for the night.

We ended up staying at the Hilton in Union Square which is great and central to everything we wanted to do. My friend Kat and her hunband line down by AT & T Park and since I had not seen her in about 2 years, we all met up for dinner at this new place called Absinthe. It was amazing!! We sat and talked for over 3 hours just catching up and it was great for Travis to meet another one of my good friends. We ended our night by dancing at Ruby Skye, a favorite club of ours. Sunday was brunch again with some other friends of ours and walking along the Embarcadero to the Ferry Building and stopping for some Gelato since it was about 85 degrees, in the city!!!

Being away from SF has made me realize how much I truely love that city and how amazing and diverse it is in everything you can do in it and around it. Too bad we don't make more money. Now I am back in Denver, working away, getting ready for a short 4 mile run on lunch and then a relaxing evening of movies and sitting.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

afreakforjc said...

Wait. So you both were in downtown Sacramento, where I live, and I got no love? Dang...

Pam & Travis said...

I should have called you, I am a horrible person......... :( I am sorry :(