Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tooting Trav's Horn

So I need to toot Travis' horn a little bit. So as I have mentioned my 26th birthday is tomorrow and my parents are coming into town on Friday. Last Monday I got the cutest evite invitation from "My Man" inviting me to our home on Friday 1.25.08 for a gourmet meal of my choice, a bottle of wine and then an evening out at a surprise location. Last week was a rough week so it was so great to have something to look forward to.

When I got home Friday, I even left work 5 minutes early, Travis had taken over the kitchen and the smell was amazing. He had gotten a bone in lamb roast, some whole wheat cous cous and broccoli. The lamb was in the oven, the broccoli was steaming and the cous cous was getting ready to go it. After changing into some nice black pants and blue shirt, I grabbed a seat at our bar to chat with my chef and enjoy a nice glass of Pinot Noir, my favorite wine.

Dinner was ready by 5:30pm and though the meat was still a bit rare, we cut off the fully cooked pieces and put the lamb in to finish cooking. Dinner was fantastic, somehow Travis became a phenomenal chef. After dinner it was present time. :)

Though he claims it is nearly impossible to get away from me, he somehow managed get me some brand new Keen Hiking Shoes. I love them!!!! He has been making fun of me and my worn out Nike's that I have been hiking in for the past year or so, because well they are beat up and if I don't wash them regularly they don't exactly smell the best. Hahaha The new shoes are water proof and so comfortable I could wear them all the time. Can't wait till hiking season to break them in.

After presents and dinner we headed out to my surprise, the Symphony!!! A famous violinist was playing with the Colorado Symphony and she was truly mind blowing to watch. Her intensity, her speed and just how she moved as she played was nothing like I had seen. Instead of going out afterwards, Travis and I decided to head home to get a good night sleep.

Thanks Travis for a great birthday!!!!

PS He is making me cupcakes right now for my birthday tomorrow. :)