Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Kings

So as a continuation to my previous post about the book I finished reading last night, the final stage a man enters is a King. However there is a transition time between the Late Prince and the King, called the Tunnel.

The Tunnel is a time in a man's life when he achieved the success he has strived through his his building years as a Prince. In a building sense, the castle is complete and his kingdom has been realized. The Tunnel is in essence a time for self questioning, realization and internal reflection on who one really is as a man. Thus is the time most woman have coined the mid-life crisis, with the car and all. The car though is not a product of the the tunnel but usually what has happened is a man as a late prince who as a Page and Knight dreamed about a certain, car, truck, thing, can now afford that automobile. Unfortunately it has been considered a product of the mid-life crisis/tunnel. When a man is in the Tunnel, nothing his wife or girlfriend does or says will help him or answer any of the questions he has, and when trying to get answer or commitments, they rarely are able to give what is asked of them, because they see it as just more of something they can not offer.

On a good side, this only usually last from a few months to max a few years. It may be rough, but as a woman you are able to back off, allow him to talk to you without interruption, give him the love and support you always give, the man will come out the other side a King. He is essentially King of his Kingdom and now his wife is his Queen. The man fully knows who he is, what he believes, what he likes, dislikes and essentially has a I Am what I Am tough luck attitude. This is when men usually spend more time with their wives, their families and love to give opinions, love to help and share their wisdom, knowledge and skills. They also very rarely compromise as this is giving in on who they are and what they believe. They say what they mean and if they offer help or an opinion, are very hurt if they are rejected as it is seen as rejecting a gift they are giving their, wife, child, etc. As my dad always says when proud of an accomplishment, "Who's the King????" LOL Don't forget the belly slap and hands up making a crown on his head. HAHAHA

There is so much more I really can not put it solely here on the blog, but the book is a must read in my opinion. I have read Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands and other relationship books, but in term of understanding men and why they act as they do and trying to understand that when Travis says he will come to a decision in his own time, he truly means it, not in a negative way, but in a let me be who I am, make my own decisions because I am the man and let me act that way, kind of way. There are many things I would love to spout off about and voice my opinion over and push him to make decisions on, but I have learned doing that will only make him take longer to decide, which is counter productive.

So enough of my babbling, but I am sure I will have more to talk about as I have already started a new book. I need to head to bed as my new job definitely does not keep me bored, and I already am heading off on a business trip next month. I need to get up at 5am to go for a run. :) Keep your fingers crossed I am able to get up.

Pam

No comments: