Monday, February 18, 2008

My last Three Days

It is finally Monday of the last week of my job with Ware Malcomb. This has been a great job for the last two years but I am very excited to be moving on. These next three days are going to be brutal and super long I have a feeling. Hopefully I can stay busy so the days will fly by.

Our week last week was fairly uneventful. Valentine's Day was very low key and included my making dinner and us watching a movie, a great movie, but just watching a movie. For dinner I tested out a new recipe, Chicken Cacciatore with steamed brocolli and couscous. Dessert was homemade breadpudding, which I remember I do not like because of the brandy in the sauce your pour over the top. Travis and I exchanged cards, very simple gifts and then watched We Own the Night. This is the new movie with Mark Whalberg and Jaoquin Phoenix, based in the 80's in New York. I highly recommend it.

Friday night we went bowling with some people I work with that we are slowly becoming friends with. One couple just became engaged on Thursday and they were very excited to be telling everyone about the proposal and like every girl should, showing off the beautiful ring. I have to say it is one of the most beautiful rings I have seen. It is white gold about 1.5 total carat weight, a princess cut center stone with diamonds running up both sides meeting at the center stone. The sides of the ring have an amazing beveling that just adds a very simple elegance that you usually see on more antique and older looking rings. I definitely prefer this over the huge single center stone.

Saturday I went for a nice five mile run, and it was so great to finally be able to run without feeling either winded or cut short due to coughing attacks. I also had another eye doctor appointment. Well good news on the eye front, the Ulcer is gone but now he found I have inflamation in both eyes that is bad enough in my left eye that I was seeing double. Which now I am on round two of treatmeant for my eyes, a steroid antibiotic to help eleviate the inflamation so I can finally, FINALLY, get back into contacts.

After the eye doctor we headed out to test out a new trail Travis had heard about from a co-worker out in the southern foothills. It was a twelve mile round trip hike up to a damn, which for mountain biking is about when the single track supposedly starts. It ended up being a beautiful day, it was supposed to snow, about 40-45 with some mild wind. We saw some Big Horn Sheep, some pretty cool ice, and just really enjoyed the time together to talk and get outside. When we did get home, we were a bit sore but felt so great having been outside.

Sunday was our pretty normal Sunday, Church in the morning, grocery store, gym then popcorn and a movie. Love it! We did watch Elizabeth, The Golden Age. It was really a great movie, I don't know a whole lot about the Elizabethan era but it was really interesting to me to see how this movie chose to depict such a famous person in history. After all she was just a woman, but a woman who started a reigion, ran a country and gave Spain their greatest defeat of all time. :) One kick butt woman. Oh and I am finally about 3/4 of the way done with the final book in the Left Behind Series. YEAH! With no TV tonight I should be able to easily finish the book.

Well, enough of my recap, I should probably throw on some make-up, brsh my teeth, grit my teeth and finish out my last three days of the work.

WHOO HOO!!!

No comments: