Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New Job

So it is official, I have a new job as of the 21st of February. It was a really hard decision for me to make, though I am so excited and know that this is a great opportunity. Half of my bosses, I have like 10 I swear, well 4 actually, were disappointed and the other half were excited for me. My official title is Sales and Proposal Marketing Manager. I get a little bit of an increase in base pay and I get an annual bonus of 15% that is paid out quarterly. I also will be riding the light rail in to work everyday and was able to get reimbursement for that included into my offer letter. There are the standard medical, dental, vision, 401K with matching contributions, tuition assistance, 3 weeks paid time off and other items. The thing I am most excited about is working with people again, no answering the phones and having a mentor in the office. So now I officially have short timers and can not wait to start the new job. :)

On another note, Travis and I are observing lent. He asked me yesterday if I would be open to the idea, and of course I said yes. So I have given up sugar, sugar substitutes such as spenda, butter and butter substitutes. We also are no longer watching TV, except for Blazer Games since we bought the League Pass. I am reading the Bible 30 minutes a day and Travis has given up a few more things. This will be good for us and be a definite growing time.

Oh and on Saturday we have our interview with the Vizsla rescue people to adopt a dog. This will be interesting since I will be getting my new job, but if we can make it for a few months before we are able to get a house, I think we would both love it.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Congrats!! Let us know how it goes when you start up.